Test Dates & Info
Before you make your booking, please read the following information:
- Only passports or Canadian Permanent Resident cards are accepted on test day. Photocopies or other forms of ID are NOT accepted. No ID, no test. You will need to have this with you for all 4 parts of the test.
- Your ID must be valid until after your test date.
- Please click here for ID scanning approval guidelines.
- There are two types of IELTS test: Academic and General Training. If you are unsure of which test to book, please click here.
- When you make your booking, you will need to pay the test fee of $309 (CAD).
- Writing, Reading and Listening components are delivered on the test date you have chosen.
- Speaking tests are held on both Friday and Saturday afternoons. Speaking times are assigned by the Center and are non-negotiable.
- If you apply for a test date, you are expected to attend your speaking test on the date given. You must make the necessary arrangements to your schedule to attend your test as assigned. If you cannot commit to a possible speaking test time, do not register for that test date.
- You will receive an email with your speaking time at 5PM 8 days before your test. It is your responsibility to contact us if you do not receive this email.
- If your booking is made less than 8 days before the written test, you will receive your Speaking Test Confirmation Email no later than 2 days before your test.
- All applicants must have a photograph and fingerscan performed in our office on test day. This is a mandatory procedure that must be undertaken by all candidates.
- Please leave your valuables at home. There is a coat room at the venue for coats and bags. There is a security desk where ALL VALUABLES must be checked in. These include: wallets, purses, cell phones, watches, dictionaries, laptops, cosmetics, etc. Global Village Calgary is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- IELTS Practices have been reviewed by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada and found to be appropriate given the high-stakes nature of the test. For more information on how we handle sensitive bio-metric data, please read the attached document:
- Please read our Cancellation, Transfer and Refund Policy.
**NEW** There is a new registration system for the IELTS test. If you have never used it, you will be prompted to create a New User.
Please click HERE for sample Test day schedule.
For more information on the 30 days free access to IELTS online preparation, please click HERE.