Computer-delivered IELTS Test Information
Computer-delivered (CD) IELTS is here, with more test availability and faster results.
Computer-delivered IELTS is a new product by IELTS offering test takers the choice between a paper-based or computer-delivered test so they can choose a format that suits their needs.
Whether you choose to write the Paper-based or Computer-delivered IELTS test, you can be assured it is still the same trusted English Language Proficiency Test. IELTS is trusted by 10,000 organisations worldwide for its fairness, reliability and high-quality standards. This remains true for both computer-delivered and paper-based tests.
Still the same IELTS testIf you choose to take computer-delivered IELTS, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing test using a computer. All aspects of the test are identical to paper-based IELTS, including:
- Same content and question types
- Speaking test remains face-to-face
- Same marking and Test Report Form
*In the computer-delivered Listening test, the timings are slightly different from the paper-based test. This is because the paper-based test requires users to transfer answers to an answer sheet. This step becomes redundant when answering directly on a computer.
- Before the start of each part of the Listening test you will have some time to read the questions.
- After the end of each part of the Listening test you will have some time to review your answers.
- At the end of the Listening test, you will have 2 minutes to check all your answers.
If you take the Computer-delivered IELTS test you will:
- Receive your results within 5-7 days
- Have more test date and test time choices. (Registration will close four days before the test date, subject to availability)
- Use headsets for the Listening section
The Paper-based format IELTS test is still available ONLY on selected Saturday mornings.
Get comfortable with the Computer-delivered (CD) test format
Take a look at the short video tutorials to help you understand and prepare for computer-delivered IELTS. In this section, you will find the following tutorials to help you get familiarized with the test:
How to use the IELTS on a computer platform
How to make notes
How to highlight text
Using the Help button
Computer-delivered IELTS - Listening
Computer-delivered IELTS - Reading
Computer-delivered IELTS - Writing
For computer-delivered IELTS practice tests, click here.
For more information, click here.
Tutorial 1: How to use the IELTS on a computer platform
Tutorial 2: Making Notes
Tutorial 3: Highlighting Text
Tutorial 4: How to Use the Help Button
Tutorial 5: Computer-delivered IELTS – Listening
Tutorial 6: Computer-delivered IELTS – Reading
Tutorial 7: Computer-delivered IELTS – Writing
Computer-Delivered Practice Tests
Free Practice Materials will give you an idea of what to expect in the computer-delivered IELTS Test. Please click the link below for more information.