IMPORTANT NOTICE TO TEST TAKERS
Date: April 7, 2020
The IELTS office is working remotely and can be accessed via email. If you have any questions, we recommend to contact us through email. Our email is: email@example.com.
We are working very hard to keep up with communication but we ask for your patience at this time when we have unprecedented demand.
Please visit our COVID-19 Related FAQ section for more information.
Date: April 1, 2020
For all affected test takers, please be informed that the full refund of your IELTS test is being processed at the moment. If you have made your initial payment online, this refund is processed by IDP Australia, instead of Global Village Calgary, since your test payment was made directly to IDP.
Again, we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this process. Although, our IELTS centre is closed, our administrative staff is available to assist you during office hours via phone or email.
Date: March 18, 2020
Global Village Calgary is closely monitoring developments regarding the COVID-19 situation. We are committed to the safety of our staff, test takers, and the community. In response to the COVID-19, IELTS Testing at Global Village Calgary is suspended until further notice.
We know how important your test is and want to ensure that you are able to meet your deadlines as soon as possible. All affected test takers will receive an email explaining the details on the next step. Global Village Calgary will continue to post updates, and we ask test takers to regularly check this website. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. If you have other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: March 16, 2020
Global Village Calgary is closely following the situation regarding COVID-19 carefully. Our top priority is the well-being of all our staff, test takers, and other stakeholders. With the current news from the provincial government, this is what you need to know:
- For all IELTS Test Takers, IELTS Tests are still on-going and as scheduled. If there are any cancellations, we will contact you directly.
- We have limited the capacity of seats of each test to properly and safely space out test takers in accordance with the social distancing recommendation.
- If you have symptoms such as fever, cough, cold, difficulty breathing and have travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, please stay home and do not attend your test.
- We remind test takers to be mindful of others and their surroundings and ask to please not attend the test and self-isolate at home if you are feeling unwell.
- Please contact the test centre by emailing email@example.com or by calling 403 441 4375 if you feel unwell and/or will be doing the self-isolation. In these cases, we are able to offer a transfer or a full refund of your test fee.
- Working with cleaners to increase touch point cleaning
- Installing additional sanitizer stations and ensuring they are ready for use
- Sanitizing all workstations and test day equipment at the beginning of each test day
- Posting signage in washrooms and on-campus resources and advising hand washing
- Continuing to monitor the situation and providing updates as necessary